Monday, August 5, 2013

A cute card and a floral card...

Okay, the weekend is over now and its time for me to dive into some creativity. So, once more I ended up making two completely different card. I will play each of these cards for different challenges :)
Now to my first card... the challenge at CAS-ual Friday's #111 says use buttons and I wanted to represent buttons as a part of my idea and not just as an embellishment. I got this idea of showing someone playing with button... a "CAT" was perfect for this as it loves to play with yarn balls and I created the same look on my card. To make this card I decided to use the FUN & CUTE Sketch Challenge at House of Cards this month and the colors at Dynamic Duos #64 . So, here's my card...

On my card base I scored horizontal lines using my Martha Stewart's scoring board to match the sketch, the focal image i.e. the cat was hand drawn, colored (with pencil colors) and fuzzy cut. The sentiment was printed using MS-word. I chose the buttons to match up the colors at Dynamic Duos :) All the elements were stuck using foam and glue dots. The buttons were additionally linked by Black embroidery thread (purchased from Walmart) and finally I added Glossy accents (from Ranger) on the eyes of the cat :) 

The challenges for my first card are -


Now my second card :) I decided to go floral in this one and use some of my stamps. I was inspired by the colors at CAS Colors & Sketches #36 to create this card and since its a one layer card, I will play it for Lawnscaping challenge #63. So here's my card
To create this I did some masking on my card base to create the background grey. I then stamped the flowers (using Scrappy Cat - Sunny days stamps) and leaves (from Scrappy Cat - Garden collection wood stamp), the floral stems are hand drawn. the flowers were colored using a Sharpie Marker and glitter was added. Sentiment (from My mind's eye - the sweetest things) was stamped. Finally few drops of glossy accents was added. I purchased the Glossy accent yesterday and was excited to use it, so much so that I used it in both the cards :D

The challenges for my second are -

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment :)


33 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, the cat card is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitten is adorable! great take on the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are fab Deepti ! your hand drawn cat is super cute !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I love the cat playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! This little kitty is so sweet...and your creative use of buttons as part of the scene makes this a winner! The black thread is the perfect choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Deepti! Both cards are lovely.. Eees!! I love the cat.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kitten card. So cute...the buttons just make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh....how stinkin' cute!!!! Clever use of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love your drawing skills Deepti!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards Dee, love your combination of flowers! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is DARLING, Deepti! LOVE the sweet image and the fun elements! Thanks for joining us at HOC--come back again soon! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, your cat card is adorable Deepti! I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deepti, your hand-drawn cat is fabulous! The whole card is so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute kittie card! Just playful~ Thanks for joining in with HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great card! I love the buttons as yarns! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are great. The cat card is so adorable; clever use of buttons! The background on the flower card is very cool. Thanks for playing along at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always love seeing your hand drawn pieces of art, Deepti. I must say that every time I come here! Hopefully you aren't tired of me repeating myself. Both wonderful cards. I LOVE how you tried using buttons as the image rather than an accent. Way to take the challenge! It turned out so well, too. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is super cute and fun and such an artistic and personal take on our sketch! Thanks for joining us at HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a great job on a one-layer card! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful one-layer card!Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a pretty one layer card! I really like the drops of glossy accents! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Deepti, this is such a clever use of the sketch. How adorable? And definitely Cute and Fun!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at House of Cards Challenge this week.
    Julie Ann x
    (Cute & Fun DT, House of Cards Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I just love your cat playing with the wool and buttons! Great take on our sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with the House of Cards Challenge this week. Hope to see you back soon.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just too cute Deepti! I love your hand drawn kitty and your use of the buttons. Thanks for playing along with us at HOC and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that fun cat card Deepti - using buttons to represent yarn balls and then linking them with thread was inspired! Such a sweet and happy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at HOC & I hope you join us again next time! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a playful and cute take on the CAS button challenge. The scoring adds such nice detail too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cute and sweet! love how you used buttons in your first card and that kitty is sooooo cute! =) and the second card is so pretty! wonderful work! thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can this be any cuter? I love your card... such a creative way to use button on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally fabulous, great 1 layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. CONGRATS on a contendor mention at Cas-ual Friday BUTTONS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on your well deserved shout out at CAS-ual Fridays...Love this darling card, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete